Tuesday 4 August 2009

I'm in love with my team!

Alarm, alarm, alarm!

Falling in love. Quickly loosing control. Oh, oh. All the signs are there.

Our whole team, the National Board of AIESEC Norway is currently in a nice house in Copenhagen. We are sat right now talking about robots (yeah - don't ask) while some people are writing emails and doing other random stuff on their computers. We are here in Demark to deliver ScaLDS, Scandinavian Leadership Deleveopment Seminar.

It's a Leadership Conference for all the Executive Boards at Local Level in AIESEC Scandinavia and all the National Boards of AIESEC Scandinavia are facilitating it. I came on monday morning after an 8 hour busride from Oslo. Yesterday and today we have been busy preparing the whole conference in premeeting. It has gone very well, in my opinion, considering the whole agenda of the conference is almost like a magic trick between the 5 countries, and we are a total facilitation team of 23 people.

What I have realized since I came here is that I am absolutely in love my team. My MC. The Big Bang MC. I have these amazing people that I have the privelige to work with. But it is not limited to the immense professional respect that I have for them. They are truly unbelievable individuals.

Their interests span wider and deeper than even the considerations that I make. They have understanding of people and (more unbelievable) of me in a way which I don't think even I have. I feel so at comfort with them.. I don't know. I have lost the ability to formulate myself.

Why?

Love. Absolutely in love with my team. Anyway. Enough rambling. I am even making funny sounds when I see them now. Honeymoon? Will it last? Who knows, right? Like any relationship I will take the best from it at nurture it.

Tomorrow the Conference starts. Wow. This is really it.

1 comment:

  1. That was really it, indeed :)
    You know, when certain events that make you feel different that you did when in the ScaLDS premeeting happen, read this and let me know. As I love "Rolf inlove with us", we'll try to get you back in the honeymoon.
    And thank you! For everything.

    ReplyDelete