Wednesday 28 October 2009

Speaking to my LC VPs

Today we had a National Corporate Relations meeting with the Vice Presidents at Local level. It made me think of my own Local Executive Board Experience which seems like a decade ago, but in fact was last year.

The way my current Vice Presidents are really asking the right questions, seeing the right challenges and understanding the reality of the organization impresses me. Of course I like to tell myself that I have some bearing on that, but I am not so sure. I remember my own way of thinking only a year ago, when I was considering applying for the national board and in reality there were so many things I did not understand.

Instead the VPs I speak to now really have so much more understanding, experience and overall focus than I myself had. I am impressed and it makes me think of the wonders that are AIESEC.

In my opinion at least a couple of them should consider applying for the National Board next year. Of course, there are many things that impact an individuals decision when it comes to these things. And anyway, it should come from the persons passion and want to take the learning further. I guess we will see.

PS: Today I felt winter was coming in Oslo. I don't like winter, usually, but it contributes to making summer better

No comments:

Post a Comment