Tuesday 21 July 2009

Qualifications?

Funny business learning...

Basically the whole concept of learning presumes that you don't know what you're doing when you start doing it. If you did you wouldn't be learning.

I am doing these things, such as setting sales goals for products, which basically I don't know how to do. Yeah, I could do it if I had some statistics based on past performance, or if I had insight into resources and work required. But basically I don't.

Good riddance! Tak care! Good luck! Have a guess!

So does that make me outright incompetent to do my job? I guess that's where you balance learning. Unqualified in the sense that you don't know the answer to what you're doing. But competent to aquire those skills, to learn what's required - to learn what you're looking for.

The funny thing is that only time will tell you whether you actually had the competencies to learn while you were running. I mean, sometimes you learn after - but then you have most probably failed. You must learn while out there playing. If not - Game Over.


On more random note I will turn 27 in around 3 1/2 weeks. Wow. 27.... Smells like recycled old person really. But age is only in our heads. It means I have all of 73 year left until I am 100. Cool :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment