Sunday 21 June 2009

Becoming the MC of AIESEC Norway

This week we started. On Tuesday and Wednesday the whole team arrived and all of a sudden we were flying.



First we were detached from civilization for a couple of days, getting to know eachother as a team. We then spent the best part of a day aligning our understanding and ideas within the organization to our year ahead. We have been sorting out logistical needs and settling some practicalities. We have started defining and building our own team values.

For me it's been a great week. I think I had really high expectations beforehand, and high expectations can be quite unhelpful. Rather than disappoint me, they were exceeded, however. The honesty and sincerity with which we are communicating is impressing me. The extent to which we are aligned as a team is extraordinary.

This doesn't mean that challenges, even within the team, won't appear. We all know that within human relations this is always the case. However, for me personally, this is looking to be the amazing team experience I have been seeking. I really feel like a small part of something larger and more rewarding and I appreciate this alot. I am also starting to see what my role in this team should be and how I need to behave to live up to that.

What has impressed me the most with my new team is the complete lack of fear. Failure is not something that scares anyone or the team as a whole. This makes me think of one of life's greatest failures: Michael Jordan

2 comments:

  1. Afraid of failing? :) I am, but I keep trying :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. So then you are not really afraid... :-)

    ReplyDelete