Friday 5 June 2009

Personal Development Quarter 3, 2009

Today I finally got a complete 360 competency assessment profile. I will post the link again to my profile, simply so I make sure I keep myself accountable

http://www.netbiog.com/OutputWindows/Generic.aspx?SiteUserUID=9296

Based on this I have decided the areas of focus for the next 3 months.
1) Awareness of Others
2) Resilience
3) Stakeholder Focus

The plan consists of a daily, a weekly and a quarterly follow up.

This plan consists of 23 yes/no questions. It should be filled out close to every day at the end of the day. Every week I will review the results and try to evaluate my progress. Towards the end of the quarter I will again review this.

Awareness of Others: (8 questions)

Conversations and discussions:

  • Was I able to understand what the person I was talking to wanted?
  • Did I take time to understand their aims and goals?
  • Did I pay attention to the tone of voice and body language of people I was talking to?
  • Did I understand what they were trying to communicate?

Meeting people during the day

  • Did I take time to try to figure out how the person was doing today?
  • Did I carefully consider their bodylanguage before starting to talk to them?
  • Did I approach people caring for them first, or with my own concerns first?
  • Did I adjust my behaviour according to how I perceived the other person?

Resilience: (6 questions)

Personal work situations

  • Was I able to remain clam when put under stress with several tasks?
  • Was I quickly able to change my priorities when new issues with short deadlines arriving at my desk?
  • Was I able to actively use personal management tools when faced with many tasks?

Interacting with others

  • Did I behave well with other people when put under stress in difficult circumstances?
  • Did I let others suffer when I was stressed?
  • Did I continue working in a positive manner when things were tough?

Stakeholder Focus: (9 questions)

Conversations and discussions:

  • Was I actively listening to the other person or preparing my own response while they were talking?
  • Did I ensure everyone’s concerns were addressed?
  • Did I put people down and dominate discussions?
  • Did I actively encourage others to contribute?
  • Was I able to let go of my preconceptions when others were sharing their opinion?

Stakeholder relationships

  • Did I ensure mutually beneficial relationsships
  • Was I able to summarise and understand others viewpoints?
  • In which way did I actively cooperate with partners and external stakeholders?
  • Did I follow up on my commitments made to customers and stakeholders?

I see these 3 areas as very important in order to succeed in my new role the next few months. Also I am looking forward to trying to challenge myself within these.



No comments:

Post a Comment